Thursday, March 17, 2011

Springtime Supper!

Miss Bailey and I were home alone this evening. In all honesty, I. WAS. POUTY. I have been craving a Bummie Burger since Christmas. Bummies has been open for two days and I have yet to make a trip. It could possibly be because the estimated wait time was "only" about an hour. Who has time with an almost 9 month old, at her almost bedtime, with an almost ravenous women to wait an hour for the most delicious, fattening, and satisfying food in town???!!! I wish I did. Truly, I do!!

In light of the beautiful yet Bummieless evening, I thought I would post a "Townehouse" summertime favorite. We have paired this with grilled hamburgers, grilled chicken, and even eaten it as our entree. It is most delicious with freshly picked cilantro, parsley and tomatoes! Yum..... Cannot wait!


Tomato and Cilantro Pasta

1 ½ lbs fresh plum tomatoes, large dice
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, diced
6 oz shredded blend cheese
1 lb ziti
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tbsp. Chopped flat-leaf parsley

1.Cook pasta until al dente, drain
2.Combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt, garlic, jalapenos and cheese in large bowl.
3.Pour drained pasta over tomato mixture and toss, allowing residual heat to melt the cheese.
4.Toss in the parsley and cilantro and serve.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the great recipe! I LOVE BUMMIES. i can almost smell it...literally...

    ReplyDelete