Thursday, October 7, 2010

Date Night


Our Little June Bug is growing faster than we could have ever imagined!! Michael and I have finally settled into a semi-predicable routine, and I think our lives are quite lo-key for the time being. While being parents is an indescribable blessing, it also has made us evaluate our priorities. It has been surprisingly difficult to keep each others needs at the top our our list. Thankfully, given our endless list of babysitters, this evening we are going on a much needed date! We were discussing our plan earlier this week and decided that we would be content dropping Bailey of at Grandma and Grandpa's then sitting in the quiet car for 3 hours. Our conversations have been full of Michael's day at work, and Baileys little antics. (While I love hearing about my husbands work adventures......I just don't think a day in the life of a Farm Bureau Agent is hold on to your seat exciting.)

We are headed to dinner and a movie....and if I play my cards right, maybe a trip to DQ for their seasonal Pumpkin Pie Blizzard! I think the most exciting thing about the evening will be the car ride. I love car trips with Michael. I think some of our most honest and interesting conversations have happened here. We are boxed in this tight and quite space. The daily distractions are eliminated, and our hearts and minds are able to plan, resolve, and dream together. I seriously find myself giddy with excitement about the evening. I think this is just the thing we need to recharge and reconnect!

3 comments:

  1. YAY date night! Hope you had SO much fun! And get ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay :) what movie?! can't wait to hear about and we're SO glad you're getting a chance to go out tonight! enjoy it kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps......Michael's turn to pick our date! HaHa!!

    ReplyDelete