Friday, September 10, 2010

Fun and Fellowship

It has now been just over 2 months since I have left my much loved job and embarked upon this new chapter in my life. My days are now filled with play time, picture books, funny faces, lots of laughter, and at times tears of both joy and confusion. While I would not trade one minute of it, I have also recently realized the importance of fellowship with those other than my husband.

I, along with a Friend, have joined a Moms group here in Bluffton. I was a little hesitant at first; it required me venturing into unfamiliar territory and out of my comfort zone. However, after the first meeting yesterday, I felt refreshed and uplifted. Oddly enough, we didn't really do anything!! Just the conversation, the laughter, and the anticipation of what was to come had rejuvenated my spirit. This morning, my devotion took me to Hebrews 10 where it talks of the promise we have to join his kingdom and the responsibility we have to "encourage one another." My focus has been on becoming the best wife and mother to my family, I often forget the importance of taking the time to recharge myself.

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25 (NIV)

1 comment: