Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I will walk (500 Miles)

Well maybe not 500 miles......more like 13!

To raise money for our local Youth for Christ chapter, Michael and I have committed to walking in the Indianapolis Mini Marathon.! To be completely honest, I thought it was going to be 13 kilometers, not MILES.... A difference of 5 miles! While I was initially a bit shocked, that grew into excitement!

This is going to force me to begin a training regime...an entirely new experience. I am excited to keep you updated on my progress and the terrain we cover during this journey of ours. I am also hoping to shed several extra pounds in the process! Ideally, I would love to get back to my wedding weight. That would be about 15 pounds by May 7th, roughly 5 pounds per month.

So, I ask you keep me accountable, encourage me.....and pray that our local YFC organization's goal is met through our community's generosity.


P.S.... I just love The Proclaimers!

1 comment:

  1. good song, great goal!
    you can do it!
    that's just over 1 pound per week!!!

    ReplyDelete