Sunday, November 14, 2010

Night Out

Well, I did it!! Last week Michael stayed home with Bailey while I made a solo trip to Fort Wayne. First thing, I stopped at the Christian bookstore and just browsed for a bit. I am currently searching for a new study Bible and wanted to checkout their selection. It was wonderful to look aimlessly for 20 minutes or so. I then made the trip to Barnes and Noble and just added books to my list of "wish to read." I sipped a Hot Apple Spice and just enjoyed the time alone. On the way home I turned the window down and the music up and just sang....adult songs! The following day Bailey took a 3 hour nap. :) I spent most of the time catching up on devotions and some neglected e-mail correspondence. It was amazing, I went into the afternoon feeling refreshed and relaxed. As guilty as I felt going into it all, I now know the importance of taking time for myself on a regular basis.

1 comment: