Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Really.....

You have got to be kidding me.......

It is March 30th, 2 days away from April. Is is seriously snowing outside? REALLY?? I am ready for sunshine and sandals, flowers and fun, gardening and grooming. I think Mother Nature has forgotten to turn her calendar.

I am contemplating our garden plans for this summer. I am anxious to get my hands all dirty and grimy. This year, I am wanting to try my hand at growing our own lettuce along with the usual peppers, tomatoes and blueberries (If my bushes can be revived). What are your summer vegetation plans?

3 comments:

  1. you and kim wrote the same funny angry post at the exact same time!
    haha!
    summer veggies - tomatoes, jalapenos, other peppers for salsa...lettuce would be interesting - how do i do that?
    hopefully zucchini, eggplant, and raspberries too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking not too much longer but geesh, I'm ready for spring already too! We have quite a garden list and I'm not sure what will actually happen. I know nothing in this area and our first garden 2 years ago was very small (corn & green beans) and didn't produce much. This year our wish list includes...sweet corn, greenbeans, broccoli, tomatoes, rhubarb, strawberries, and zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhubarb....delish!! I would love to add more, but we have such a tiny space. I hate the restrictions, but we have thought about doing the raised bed. (Rachel, what are your thoughts on that, do you recommend?) My mom has always done her lettuce in a separate bed with onions, and it always turns out well. She sprouts them indoors and the replants them. I have done that with flowers and herbs (something I am also planning on doing, but forget to mention), so I am sure it will work here too.

    ReplyDelete