Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On the Road Again

Tomorrow morning we will be embarking on our first road trip as a family. Friends of ours are getting married about an hour from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Initially I was really hesitant about the trip....I mean really, who willingly goes to Minnesota in the middle of the winter?? But now, we are armed with snacks, blankets, first aid kits, tons of baby clothes, baby toys, and all the baggage that comes with a 6 month old. Yesterday I made a trip to the library and checked out 4 audio books....a couple that I am ready to break open today! :)

Now that our bags are slowly filling up, so is my anticipation. Before Miss Bailey, I loved taking car trips with Michael. I loved the conversation, the singing, the napping, and the sightseeing we were able to experience together. (The napping all done by me, of course). This will be the first trip we will be taking as a family of three. How exciting! Our prayers are for safe travel, a beautiful wedding, a happy baby, and some much needed bonding time for Michael and I.

As the new year is quickly approaching, I wish you all a very Happy and Blessed New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment